Once your group has made the rewarding decision to adopt a roadway you will need to file an application with our program. We work with Nova Scotia’s Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal to approve your application as soon as possible.
Please follow the steps below to start the adoption process:
1) Choose an available section of roadway for adoption. Please use our Map to help you with your selection, Click here to visit to our Map page.
2) Name your cleanup group! This will be displayed on your future signs that will advertise your group.
3) Choose the appropriate application form for your desired location. All forms are available under the Forms tab of our website, or Click Here to visit our Forms page.
4) Read through all of the Conditions and Suggestions found on the application form.
5) Submit the completed form to our office by mail, email, fax, or in person!
Your application has been submitted! We will contact you once your application is approved; this may take up to three or more weeks.